Yield: 3 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Bhindi/Ladies Finger/Okhra – Half Kg (Chopped in 1.5cm Length)
- Onion – 2 Medium ( chopped in length)
- Tomato – 1 Medium ( Chopped in length)
- Asafoetida / Hing – a pinch
- Cumin /Jeera seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander/Dhania Powder – 2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder/Amchur – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin /Jeera powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1- 1.5 tsp (to taste)
- Salt – to taste
How I Do it :
Heat Oil in a pan.Add the cumin seeds, Asafoetida. Allow the cumin seeds to splutter.
Now add the chopped onions, cook it till light brown
Add the Ladiesfinger, chaat masala and salt to this.
Once the Ladiesfinger loses its stickiness, add tomatoes and the coriander , red chilli, turmeric and cumin powder.
Keep Stirring lightly in medium flame for about 7-8 minutes.
Remove from fire and before serving sprinkle some roasted jeera powder over it.
Serve hot with Roti/Phulka/Steamed Rice and Dal combo
Special Instructions :
Adding chaat masala is optional.however it will remove the stickiness of Bhindi easily so I prefer to add it.