This is by far the most favourite for my kids.
I abuse it as a bribe to get them to some chores at times 🙂
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted and ground cumin seeds (jeera)
- 3/4 cup fresh curds (dahi)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp black peppercorns (kalimirch) powder
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf) powder
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/3 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Combine the paneer and marinade in a bowl, toss gently and keep aside to marinate for atleast ½ hour.
- On a satay stick ,arrange 3 pieces of paneer. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more stays.
- Heat a non- stick tava and cook the satays on a medium flame using oil till he paneer is light brown in colour from all sides. Serve immediately sprinkled with chaat masala and coriander.
Alternatively,grill the paneer tikkas on a tandoor or barbeque grill till light brown in colour from all sides – See more at: