Serves : 4
2 medium size ( chopped in small pieces)
Red Chilli – 4 ( cut into 3 pieces each)
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Grated Ginger – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp ( Optional)
Curry leaves – 4
Oil – 1 tsp
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
- In a Wok/Kadai, add the oil . When the oil heats up add the mustard seeds.
- As soon as the Mustard seeds splutter , add the dry red chilli’s ,grated ginger and curry leaves.
- Now add the chopped beetroot , red chilli powder , coriander powder and salt
- Since beetroot has its own sweetness, I added the extra red chilli powder. You can choose to do away with it
- Add the water and allow it to cook until done. To check if its done I generally see if the beetroots show some transparency. You can alternatively mash a piece and check.
- When done, remove from heat and serve with Sambhar or Karakozhambu and Rice,