Bhindi/Ladies Finger – Half Kg (Chopped in 1.5cm Length)
Onion – 2 Medium ( chopped in length)
Tomato – 1 Medium ( Chopped in length)
Asafoetida / Hing – a pinch
Cumin /Jeera seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander/Dhania Powder – 2 tbsp
Dry Mango Powder/Amchur – 1/4 tsp
Cumin /Jeera powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1- 1.5 tsp (to taste)
- Heat Oil in a pan.Add the cumin seeds, Hing. Allow to splutter
- Now add the chopped onions, cook it till light brown
- Add the ladies finger/Bhindi and salt to this.
- Once the Bhindi loses its stickiness, add tomatoes and the dry masala’s.
- Keep Stirring lightly in medium flame for about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from fire and before serving sprinkle some roasted jeera powder over it.
- Serve hot with Roti/Phulka/Steamed Rice and Dal combo