Bhindi or ladies finger : 500 gms
Onion : 2 ( grated)
Tomato : 1/2 grated
Coriander powder : 1.5-2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder : 1 tbsp
Jeera or Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
Salt : To taste
Oil : to cook
1. Slit the Ladies finger length wise.Since there is not much seeds, do not bother about the harmless ones that you see in.
2.Heat a pan.Add oil.Add Jeera and saute. Add grated onion.
3. Now add the coriander and chilli powder.Followed by grated tomato.
4. Add salt to taste. Saute till the onion and tomato part with the raw taste.
5. Adding pinch of Garam masala is optional. I do not add as I prefer the natural taste. However, allow this mix to cool at room temperature.
6. Now fill the Slited ladies finger with this mix.
7. Press it properly to close it. Don’t bother if it does not. It is not meant to ,anyway. We just want the masala to stay tight in .
8. Again heat oil in a pan. Saute with jeera. Add this filled ladies finger together into the pan and reduce the heat.
9. Do not keep mixing or moving the ladies finger as they might get offended and we might have the ladies finger and the masalas falling apart.
10. Once the Ladies finger starts losing the sticky texture and also start to tan at the bottom, gently turn them upside down.
11. Allow it to cook the other side as well.
12. Remove the ladies finger and serve hot with Paratha or Phulka ( roti)