Serves : 2
Poha/rice flakes – 2 cup
Carrot – 1/2 cup
Roasted peanuts – 2 tbsp
Potato – 1 diced and bolied
Lemon – 1/2 medium size
Chaat masala (optional) – 1/2 tsp
Corainder leaves – 1 tbsp chopped
Jeera/ Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Jeera/ Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 large sliced
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste – 1/2 tsp ( approx)
- To prepare the Poha you should keep them in a filter vessel, and pour water on it in such a way that all the poha are soaked in water and are wet.The excess water will drain away from the filter or it can make the rice flakes soggy.
- While the poha is allowed to stay moist for sometime, heat oil in a pan. Add 1 tsp oil.
- Now add 1 tsp Jeera and allow to splutter.
- Add the chopped onions and allow them to become golden brown. Keep stirring so that onions are evenly cooked and add turmeric powder and boiled potato.
- Now put in the Poha followed by grated carrot, roasted peanut, chaat masala , Jeera Masala and Salt.
- Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 lemon and add the coriander leaves. Remove from fire immediately and mix well gently.
- Serve at room temperature garnished with Sev or Mixture.