Potato – 2 Boiled
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Garlic Pods – 4/5 crushed
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida / Hing – pinch
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok or kadai
- When the oil heats , add the 1 tsp cumin seeds and allow to splutter
- Now add the asafoetida , turmeric and chilli powder
- Immediately add the chopped onion and stir well for 5 min, till the onion becomes brownish
- Meanwhile cut the potato into small pieces ( depends on your choice)
- Now add the potatoes to this and cook for 2 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup water and allow it to cook well.
- When the potatoes are done, mash a couple of the pieces , so that it thickens the consistency of the gravy.
- We have not added tomatoes, so we need to mash the potatoes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati / Phulka